December 19, 2008

Vietnam 2008

Vietnam 2008

Visited South Vietnam with my family and relatives. I was pretty excited about it at first, but in the end i was quite disappointed. Perhaps the tour that we followed really suck. Perhaps i expected too much.

However, Vietnam still has its surprises. It wasnt as undeveloped as i thought. In fact, what they had achieved was rather remarkable. The sea of bikes at Ho chi minh city were quite a sight, and it's amazing how they can travel safely around the city with few traffic lights and rules. They horn so much that im under the impression that horning is their way of communicating on the roads.

There's nothing much to buy in Vietnam, except for the yummy food. I enjoyed my bowl of pho everyday, and i miss the aroma and taste of the vietnamese black coffee. I had my manicure and pedicure for only 6usd, and a full hour of massage for only 15usd. That's cheap.

Of the three places that i visited, my favorite was Da Lat. It's pretty, and it's cold. I never knew there's a place in Vietnam that's only about 10plus degree celcius. I enjoyed the 2 days there, probably the only 2 days that i find enjoyable.

Im too lazy to upload all the pictures here. Most of it were already uploaded in facebook, which was super convenient and fuss-free. Click on the links below for the pictures!

1. Ho Chi Minh City
2. Cu Chi Tunnel
3. Da Lat
4. Da Lat - Golden Valley
5. Vungtau

Brief highlights of the more interesting experiences
1. Ho Chi Minh
2. Da Lat
3. Vungtau

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home