May 30, 2008

Im having the time of my life now :)

I've been dancing almost everyday, and it's great fun doing something that you really enjoy, even though it can be pretty tiring.

And im very happy that i've been receiving affirmations to my dancing nowadays, it's really a huge boost to my confidence. First, there was gin who selected me to dance along with those really good Blastards during reggae class. Then there was bryan who chose 3 girls to demonstrate the choreo of the day and he selected me. Both times i didnt believe that they were actually pointing at me, and i proceeded to the back as what i usually do during dance classes, until friends or the choreographers gave me the puzzled look and asked me to go in front to dance. I know one of my greatest problem in dancing is lack of confidence. I couldnt dance whenever i feel people are looking at me, because i feel the apprehension, i feel that they would laugh at me coz i suck, so i couldnt perform. But Gin and Bryan really gave me so much more confidence and encouragement, and even though i still believe that i suck, i feel much better about myself and my ability to dance.

I have lost a little weight despite not controlling my diet whatsoever. I guess it must be due to the dancing. Im proud to declare that my abs are finally visible, yay!!!

Me and jiang dont get to meet often nowadays, and i think it's precisely because of this that we are happier now. We treasure those little times that we get to spend together, and i believe it's the quality that counts :)

And finally, i get my well-deserved 6 weeks break from school. No deadlines, no grades to worry about, no stress. But that doesnt mean that im letting my brain go rusty. I still do some academic readings now and then. Studying is actually quite pleasurable, when you are doing it out of interest and not because of exams. I really enjoyed reading my psychology and economics books on the bed, munching on my minties and dark chocolates.

I have got perfect results this time round :) After the terrible B+ last semester which totally spoilt my record of As, i finally redeemed myself this semester by getting 3A and 2 A+ :)))

I also feel so blessed to have my family and friends who love and care about me. Mummy just reminded me that on the day of the sichuan earthquake, 12 May, we were at Shangri-La enjoying our high tea. That shows how fortunate we are! And suddenly i feel so blessed, that i still have my family and everyone i love with me.

I could do with a little more money, but wealth is not everything. Love and health are. After so many things that happen, i believe that money is worthless if you dont have your loved ones to share your wealth with or if you are too sickly to use it (except to pay the medical bills!). Like who cares about LV or Prada when you are having cancer and dying?

This post is not meant for anyone but myself. To remind me that i actually have a wonderful life. To stop myself from whining like a spoilt brat whenever something that doesnt go my way happens. Because even though i dont have everything, i have enough of everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home