November 23, 2006

I was running around my neighbourhood this morning when i observed this amazing sight.
Such strength. Such loyalty. It is only a small little ant and it could carry such a burden that's heavier than its own weight. I stood there, captivated. For the half an hour that i was there, it scrambled about, it looked tired, yet it never let the dead ant drop. I followed its path, trying to see where it is leading to, seeking to find an answer.
Then, i saw another group of ants, carrying another dead ant.
I was bewildered. Of what importance are those dead ants to the ant's community?

What really struck me was the strength and unity of those ants. I see in them values that are gradually losing their significance to humans. Do we still care for the dead? Or do we just let them pass and the memory fade?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home