November 02, 2006

Beppu Menkan

My search for the spiciest food in town is finally over! Im a hardcore spice-lover and is seldom satisfied with the amount of chilli in my food, therefore im always so contented whenever something is spicy enough to excite my tastebuds(which unfortunately doesnt happen very often). However, im so proud to declare that im finally defeated today! I managed to finish a bowl of super spicy ramen but gulping down lots of water at the same time( i never drink water when i eat spicy food, so imagine how bad it is!).

So all you chillli-lover out there listen up, Beppu Menkan(beppu means hell) is the place for you to challenge your taste bud!
Ok, so here's how it goes. The ramen comes in five levels of spiciness - marked by one-, two-, four-, six- and eight-chilli symbols on the menu.Being a huge fan of spice, of course i couldnt resist ordering the spiciest of them all. However, for those who are not accustomed to spice like me, i would suggest you try from the second level then slowly build up. There were cases of people fainting and having diarrhoea after only the first two levels of spicy ramen!Fortunately for me, im so used to spice that other than a minor stomachache thereafter, im generally well and kicking. Jiang tried the two-chilli ramen and fell sick, the poor boy...IT's THAT BAD!

A look at how red the soup was and you know how spicy it was!Here goes! not to forget my favorite edamame :)puffer fish oh!
Iced strawberry yogurt
Iced fuji apple yogurt, it was ordered after my lips were burning from the chilli and the strawberry yogurt wasnt enough to sooth my swelling lips.
Ahhh....its such a pleasure to eat such spicy food...i love the burning feeling!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home