July 28, 2006

today was such a strange day.

First, when i was doing the setting up in aria, this china tourist came to enquire about cabaret, asking why there are posters of it everywhere. Then he asked me if im a Singaporean and seemed shocked that i could speak mandarin. Like hello, every chinese in singapore can speak mandarin. He asked if my parents or grandparents are from china, to which i replied that my grandpa is from hainan island. He said no wonder, where got Singaporean so pretty one. HUH?

Second, there's this other chinaman who asked to take a photo of me. HUH again. So i awkwardly stood there to let him take the picture. After that, he asked to take a photo WITH me. I politely declined but he said it's ok, it's such a waste not to take a photo with a beauty.So he asked his "ai ren"(wife) to help him take the photo.

WTF. China guys have such weird taste.

me? pretty? SIAO.

Or is it that there is a lack of pretty woman in China that they have to resort to calling girls like me pretty.

Third incident. Aria's air-condition broke down and so we are not really ready to serve customers. So, Steven sent me over to Al Dente to help out. Got a shock of my life when i saw like 50 persons at Al Dente and i was so lost since i've never served there before. I was then asked to serve this 2 person, one of them being an italian. He spoke to me in italian and seeing my confused look, laughed that he was just playing with me. He then taught me how to say 'thank you for your service", "you are most welcome","i understand" etc in italian . Not easy i tell you. But it was fun serving them, the italian was such a joker.

That concluded my last day of work. School unofficially starts next week, say goodbye to my carefree life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home