May 29, 2006

Last day in UOB

My last day in UOB CCOC, sadly. I was mentally prepared when Marcia told me that she had to terminate my assignment cos of the new officer who would be coming in, so i wasnt as upset as i expected myself to be. Nonetheless, there were tinges of sadness as i bid my collegue farewell.

Now im only left with the sweet memories that we had shared...
The pin-activated vending machine. It was amusing how a group of boys tried to get a drink by putting money inside, and how they became frustrated that the drink just wouldnt come out.
The office in the early morningThe scenic view from the 18th floor of Hdb Hubmy casting machine for cheque processing
Now, meet the people of cardholder payment

Kamsita, my "mother-in-law". It started when she said she want to introduce me to her son who's around my age but unfortunately, i told her that im attached already, haha. Nonetheless, she has been calling me "daughter-in-law" ever since and took really really good care of me. I would never go hungry in the office cos she kept on feeding me from her drawer of food.I love you too, ita!Zahari. Work can never be boring with him around. He never failed to motivate us with "you can do it!" and entertained us with "once upon a time, in year ..." stories. Kelly who i really enjoyed talking with since she's of my age and we can talk about quite many things. I will miss our 430 tea break at the vending machine...Connie my lunch partner who always treat me to dessert.Emily,the officer-in-charge. She is a capable young lady who has taught me quite a lot about cheque processing.
Lee fong who just joined us 2 weeks ago. I love talking to her and it's such a pity that i didnt get to know her a little better before i leave.AdzimDoreen, who introduced me to the very very nice and worth it fish soup at toa payoh which i eat at least once a week!Last but not least, my fellow temp collegue, Jana. We can really talk about everything under the sun and i was so sad that she was on mc on my last day :(
The ladies in cardholder payment. Notice the numbers on the board, that's our daily volume and unfortunately, on my last day, it hit the 10, 000 mark and i had to do overtime. It's ok, i would want to stay inside a while more...

Thanks everyone, for taking care of me and the farewell lunches and gifts.

So that concluded my 4 and a half months stay in uob. I really couldnt bear to leave, i had gained valuable working experience during this period and i had made many friends who treated me with such kindness i wouldnt know how to repay them. I would miss working there.

Now im officially jobless. Im too lazy to look for another job now, maybe i would try different things. Like sales, or waitressing, that would be quite a different experience even though pay may be pathetic. In 2 more months, i would be entering another phase of life and oddly, im not really looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home