May 23, 2006

FASS@NUS day on 20th MaySo there i was, going to the FASS open house alone. Pathetic, i know. Not my fault that none of my friends chose FASS. Either my social circle is too small or no one else shares my interest.

But well, it wasnt as bad as i thought. Thank goodness i had the book which jianglei lent me to keep me company on the long ride there. It's like the only non-fiction book that im so drawn into cos there are so many elements of cognitive psychology in it. I find it so amazing that all those psychology theories and ideas discussed in the book, absurd as they may sound, are really facts that probably never occur to anyone of us before. I was like *gasp* everytime the author presents a result that is so shocking that i really dont want to believe it's true. It's really interesting and im more determined to study psychology than ever.

I had a nice long talk with one of the seniors at the psychology booth and i discovered that i can actually bid for the intro module with just 1 point with my result. What good news!

However, the sad news is that it's super duper hard to practise clinical psychology in Singapore. I was told that one of the professors in NUS has wrote numerous thesis and papers and still failed to qualify as one. In order to qualify, i would need lots of internship and write lots of papers and i MUST further my studies overseas for a few more years. Now, that's the catch. It's almost impossible for any foreigners to get into a US university for psychology cos the acceptance rate is very very low. The other available option would be Melbourne U but it's just not as good. With so many years of studies, it's just as bad as studying medicine.

Im really interested in becoming a clinical psychologist but i must admit that i was a little dishearten after what the senior said. Nonetheless, i would still try my best. Otherwise, perhaps i would just be an industrial psychologist which seems pretty interesting as well. Well oh well, hope i made the right choice in choosing FASS when there are actually better options available. I've really given it all for psychology.

After the open house, i met jianglei at orchard and boy, there were already crazy sales everywhere when it's not even GSS yet!
Bought this nice jacket from Fox. I wanted to buy it a long time ago but didnt have the cash for it and guess what? It was on 30% discount and the offer was simply too tempting for me to ignore!

Now, im a very poor girl and the real sales is only starting next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home