April 27, 2006

Girl Next Door ~ saving jane

Small town homecoming queen
She's the star in this scene
Theres no way to deny she's lovely
Perfect skin perfect hair
Perfumed hearts everywhere
Tell myself that inside she's ugly
Maybe I'm just jealous
I can't help but hate her
Secretly I wonder if my boyfriend wants to date her

She's the prom queen I'm in the marching band
She's a cheerleader I'm sittin in the stands
She gets the top bunk I'm sleepin on the floor
She's Miss America and I'm just the girl next door

Senior class president
She must be heaven sent
She was never the last one standing
A backseat debutant
Everything that you want
Never to harsh or too demanding
Maybe I'll admit itI'm a little bitter
Everybody loves her but I just wanna hit her

I don't know why I'm feelin' sorry for myself
I spend all my time wishin' that I was someone else

She's the prom queen I'm in the marching band
She's a cheerleader I'm sittin in the stands
She gets the top bunk I'm sleepin on the floor
She's Miss America and I'm just the girl next door

***

Well, i guess most people share her sentiments. At least i do. Sometimes i just wish im a little taller,or slimmer, or prettier, or more popular,perhaps smarter and richer or even more talented. I just wish my life could be more perfect. I do get jealous of people, maybe a little too easily that jianglei doesnt understand how is it possible that i could be envious of so and so. I guess it all boils down to my insecurities and lack of confidence in myself.

On my bad days, i seriously hate my life and grumble about how perfect another person's life is. However, on my good days,i learn to appreciate what i have and that my life is actually quite perfect.

So what if i dont have the face of jessica alba or the body of a supermodel? So what if im not as popular as britney spears or have bill gates for a father? And does it even matter that i am never awarded any nobel prizes in my life? Do i really care that my boyfriend isnt someone who looks like brad pitt?

I know we can never have everything so i try to remind myself that what i have now is more than i can ever ask for. Even though im short, i still look presentable and though my figure is far from perfect, it is still not considered as fat. I am not the prom queen nor am i the girl that every guy dreams of, but i do have friends who really care and a boyfriend who loves me more than anything else in the world. My parents are not bloody rich but they try their best to give me a comfortable life. I am not a psc scholar but my grades are still above national average. I have friends who seem to have perfect lives, but it's just so bad that im not them. Perfection is relative. To those people living in africa, my life is really more perfect than they can ever wish for.Therefore, whenever i feel that life has been unfair to me, i would think of the good things that had happened to me and realise that my life has been good.

Sometimes, it's a pity that we wasted so much time and energy comparing ourselves with others and wishing we were somebody else that we forgot to love and treasure what we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home