March 12, 2006

2nd year anniversary @ equinox

It's our 2 year anniversary today! So exciting... cant believe that we have had 2 great years together already. I never thought i would be with someone for so long without feeling bored, but jianglei never fails to bring surprises to my life. Im really glad to have him there for me all the time- tolerating my tantrums,listening to me whine all day long, giving in to me, shopping with me without complaining, caring for me. thanks dear!

I wanted to look perfect for today and so i did french manicure before meeting him for dinner.
pretty manicure We decided to take a neoprint before heading down to Swissotêl The Stamford for our dinner. I love taking neoprints, we can do a lot of stupid stuff and draw cute things!
see, i added hair for jianglei in the second pic!I had a hard time guessing where he was bringing me for dinner...
Jianglei told me that Equinox is situated at the highest vantage point of singapore and the view is spectacular.
I wonder how it really looks like...so i followed him and took the lift to the 70th floor...down this stairway...

until the tables...
gosh, it was breathtaking!can you see the esplanade? my camera is so lousy, it didnt do justice to the magnificient view. These are buildings at Raffles place, such as UOB and OCBC.I didnt know Singapore looks so pretty at night with all the beautiful lights and buildings. I bet it will look even nicer after the marina area is developed. Speaking of which, im quite excited about the integrated resorts which will make Singapore so much livelier.

basket of nice breads! Our appetizers
Pan-Seared Foie Gras with White Sesame Seeds
Banana Merah Salsa, Grilled Brioche Toast This must be the nicest foie gras i've ever eaten! usually i don't find it that nice, but the one here was really good!

Air-Dried Duck Breast
Nectarine, Root Vegetable and Green Bean Salad Sherry-Walnut Dressing
Main course
Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Braised Cheek
Potato Mousseline, Fricassee of Mushroom, Rosemary SauceYuzu marinated cod
Braised Baby Spinach, Mushroom and Edamames, Mirin Soy Garlic Glaze I realised im really obsessed with cod. Let's see, i ordered it for my birthday dinner at pierside, ordered it again at The Cliff, ate damn lot of it at ritz carlton buffet, and now again. Of all, i think the cod at pierside was the most nicely done.

Dessert
Strawberry and Lemon Thyme “Tartine”
Bavarian Vanilla Cream and Strawberry Jelly Lemon Thyme Ice CreamJianglei's Mascarpone and Maple syrup Parfait
Cherry Coulis, Cinnamon Pears Compote
i think jianglei's dessert was nicer than mine , mine tasted weird

so yummy!my lovely chocolates and flower. Look closer at the flower and you would realise that they put glitters at the sides of the petals. so special right!the wine cellarI would collect pretty wine bottles like this when im rich one day! guess where is this?the ladies! so elegant looking
just me!

happy together


It was such a perfect day with delicious food and great view, and of course, the perfect boyfriend :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home