December 24, 2005

i stayed over at my grandma's place coz my parents are both in China. Despite being bored there(think of no computer, no cd player and only a dvd player), i still enjoyed the stay. it brought back a lot of childhood memories. I used to stay with them until i was P6, so i am very close to them and i value their prescence a lot.
I remember sleeping on the comfortable mattresses in the living room at night, and my grandma used to tell me stories until i fell asleep. I remember throwing tantrums at my grandma and we sometimes got so furious with one another. I remember how she used to drive me to school in the morning(hello, like which grandma in her 60's still drive anyway?!?!?). Unfortunately she cant drive now coz of her heart problem. I remember how she used to bring me to the wet market and i love the food there. I remember that she brought me to her friends house whenre they played mahjong and also to her club where she learnt singing. I even remember that i sang "wang qing shui" on the same stage as her when i was very young...
I remember sitting on a chair in the balcony when i was young, watching the birds. I remember how my grandpa used to bring me around and the first time i tasted beer was when i was out with him. I was so young then, and i hated the taste of beer. I remember how he would find and break the canes that my mum had hiden so that i would not be beaten. I also remember how he secretly asked me to follow him to the storeroom and would give me $2 out of his pathetic pay every week(he used to work at the shipyard when he was 60 plus to 70). i remember how i used to speak to him with the little Japanese i know coz he used to work for the japs and know japanese better than i do...
I remember how my primary school friends used to come over to my grandparents house often. We practised our dance there, we disturbed my little cousin, and they used to hide my little soft toy rabbit which is now as old as me. I remember how cindy used to come over the most frequently, and we played badminton and ate at my house. I remember going across the little park to her house and spent hours there dunno doing what. I remember us goin to the big bookshop for hours after school searching for coloured pens...
I have so many memories over there. sometimes i wish time can go back and im always still a child. Now im 18, how time flies. I have more problems now, like looking for a job, thinking about my future. Im no longer the young and innocent child back then. how i wish i still am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home